Bariatric Surgery Services
Bariatric Surgery Center Serving Patients in Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Fayetteville, Fort Bragg & Beyond
Are you losing an uphill battle with weight loss? Have traditional methods of weight control, such as diet or exercise, proved largely unsuccessful? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, weight-loss surgery from the bariatric surgeons at Pinehurst Surgical may be your next best step.
Who benefits from bariatric surgery?
Patients are considered morbidly obese and may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if they:
- Are 18 or over
- Have a BMI (Body Mass Index) greater than 40 or greater than 35 with other medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea or other health problems related to morbid obesity
- Have a history of failure to control weight through other methods such as diet and exercise
What are the benefits of bariatric surgery?
- Significant long-term weight loss
- Effective control of Type 2 diabetes
- Effective control of high blood pressure
- Control of sleep apnea
- Improved symptoms of arthritis related to excess weight
- Greatly improved physical appearance
- Improved self-esteem and employment opportunities
To learn more about our bariatric procedures, please visit www.ncweightlosssurgery.org. This site offers helpful information on the pros and cons of each procedure, as well as tips and suggestions to follow as you recover from your surgery.