American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine Certified and Accredited
Receiving ultrasound certification and accreditation ensures that you are receiving high-quality Ultrasound care. Our Sonographers are registered in the specialty of OB/GYN and certified in 1st trimester nuchal transparency scans.
Accreditation = Practice Standard
To gain accreditation, a practice voluntarily takes the initiative to demonstrate that it meets or exceeds national standards. Accredited facilities provide proof that:
- Physicians are properly trained in the specialty
- Sonographers are certified in the specialty performed
- Ultrasound equipment is medically safe and meets all federal guidelines
- Ultrasound procedures are thorough and complete
- Equipment is appropriate for the types of tests being performed
PINEHURST SURGICAL Clinic has the only lab in the are that is accredited by AIUM
Certification = Professional Standard
To become/remain certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), a sonographer must:
- Consistently and fully demonstrate professional standards
- Achieve a level of competency in both technical procedures and patient care.
- Pass a rigorous ARDMS examination
- Maintain their credentials by fulfilling continuing competency education requirements that serve to enhance their knowledge.
Pinehurst Surgical Clinic is a multi-specialty clinic comprised of ten specialty centers located in a state-of-the-art surgical facility in Pinehurst, NC. Our OB GYN specialists serve patients in Pinehurst, Sanford, Fayetteville, Rockingham, Lillington, Montgomery, and all surrounding areas throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and beyond.