Menopause Health Maintenance
For women over 40, regular health maintenance is vital in the prevention and treatment of many common diseases, cancers and other medical conditions.
At Pinehurst Surgical Clinic, we offer a number of programs and exams designed to maintain the health and well-being of women undergoing menopause. If you do not see your primary care physician on a regular basis, you may want to consider annual health screenings and other health maintenance services from our team of OB GYN doctors in Pinehurst and Sanford, NC:
- Weight loss programs – Our annual physical exams include height and weight with body mass index calculation. For some of our patients, we will recommend a weight loss program based on this information.
- Cholesterol screenings – Women over 40 should be screened annually for cholesterol. These screenings allow your physician to determine the need for dietary restrictions and/or medication.
- Mammograms – A baseline mammogram is recommended at age 40 by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Mammogram screenings are the most comprehensive way to detect breast cancer at an early stage.
- Bone Mass Densitometry – After the age of 50, bone mass is an important indicator of osteoporosis. A bone scan every two years allows your Pinehurst, NC women’s care physician to determine whether your current therapy is sufficient or if additional treatment is needed.
Hormone Problems: PMS, Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome & More
Hormones play an important role in the process of menopause and can significantly affect a woman’s fertility and/or menstrual cycle at other points throughout her life.
Pinehurst Surgical Clinic’s OB GYN specialists are skilled in the area of endocrinology and are trained to diagnose and treat a variety of hormone insufficiencies related to fertility, as well as hormone fluctuations associated with the menstrual cycle and menopause, including:
- Insulin resistance
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Premenstrual Syndrome
Pinehurst Surgical Clinic is a multi-specialty clinic comprised of ten specialty centers located in a state-of-the-art surgical facility in Pinehurst, NC. Our board-certified gynecologists offer a variety of treatments and evaluations for women undergoing menopause at our Pinehurst and Sanford clinical offices, serving patients in Pinehurst, Sanford, Fayetteville, Rockingham, Lillington, Montgomery, and all surrounding areas throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and beyond.